American Buttercream Frosting is easy and quick frosting to make at home for your cupcakes and cake with just few ingredients that is all you need to make the fluffy, sweet and rich buttercream frosting.
American buttercream is made with creaming butter and icing with a few drops of liquid that is all it takes.
It can be made with stand mixer, hand mixer or with just a whisk
American is sweet creamy fluffy and delicious frosting which is mix into a fluffy consistency.
American Buttercream Frosting
- 300 Unsalted butter
- 600 g icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla flavour
- 2 tsp water/milk
- 2 drops white colour
- 1 drop purple colour
- Seive icing sugar and set aside
- In a large bowl, add room-temperature butter. Beat until creamy this will take 1-2 minutes
- Add Icing sugar and mix cup by cup until all is added and slowly mix until ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Then, increase speed for 3 – 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy
- Add vnilla extract and the water then mix until fluffy, another 2 to 3 minutes
- Add the colour and mix well
- Pipe or spread the frosting with a knife onto cupcakes or cak and serve.
When stored properly, American buttercream frosting can last in the fridge for up to a month and in the freezer for up to 3-6 months.