Taco is a favorite for both young and old from mild to spices, savory to sweet the taste is yummy. This goat meat taco with a perfect avocado with some heat to spice up your taste buds leaving you wanting more. In Africa where goat meat is very common for every home, this goat taco is a must-go try a bite.
Taco is quick to make at home with just a few ingredients your mouth is already filled with yummy goodness. Taco is most sold on the street with different types of filling whether beef, chicken, or fish, they are easy and also fun to make at home. This goat meat recipe is full of juicy simple toppings with avocado melting in your mouth. I called them the quick lunch bite. I love my taco with a bit of spice feel free to make a twist with your favorite toppings. Tortillas bread can also be made at home check my homemade tortilla bread or use store-bought to save time.
Here are some of ingredients you will need:
Avocado Goat Tacos
- 500 g Goat meat
- Rub Ingredients
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 4 tbsp tomatoes paste ( divided)
- 1 large onion ( divided)
- 2 bonnet scotch
- ½ tsp ground calabash nutmeg
- 2 cubes (8g) Chicken knor
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp salt
- 10 cups water
- Avocado for topping
- Onion for topping
- Parsley for garnish
- In a blender, blend bonnet Scotch keeps it aside.
- In a clean bowl mix paprika, oregano, black pepper, cumin, garlic, ginger, blend bonnet scorch, calabash nutmeg, chicken knor, and salt and rub the goat meat except the onion marinate for an hour or overnight
- Bring your pot in a medium heat
- Sear meat with 1 part chopped onion in with all sides for few minutes this makes your roast flavorful.
- Add water and cover it to cook on low heat for 3 to 4 hours till meat is tender and is falling apart using a fork. If it is still tough, cook for another hour and check the meat again.
- Transfer to a plate or a bowl to shred your meat or you can cut it into small cubes as you prefer.
- Bring your pan on a low 2 vegetable oil add the remaining chopped onion keep stirring to avoid being burnt till the tomato paste sour taste is not there anymore add broth, cook on low heat if the sauce is too thin you can add more tomato paste until it reached your desired thickness. Add the butter and bring the meat back to the sauce stir together season to taste if needed and cook for few seconds. Now is readily served
- Makes about 4 servings of tacos.
- Toast the tortillas or tacos in a warm pan for a few seconds on one side each be careful why doing this because it can easily dry off fast leaving you a hard and crumbled shell
- Tortillas or taco shells of your choice
- Toppings of your choice:chopped avocado and onionsParsley for garnish
- Feel free to use any toppings of your choice like guacamole, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomato,salsa, or sour cream
- Cooking on a low heat low-temperature reduces the amount of fat and juices and also helps keep the entire roast moist
- Cooking time will vary based on your appliance and roast size also the type of meat. The male goat seems to cooked faster
- You can also use the pan to sear your roast I prefer using the pot in this recipe then am not transferring the meat and also don’t lose flavor from the meat.
- Cooking your meat down ahead save a lot of time