This delicious buttery, flaky, chicken hand pie is a mouthful of packed flavors This savory chicken hand pie recipe is easy and simple to make ahead of time bake or fry up for an easy get-together party
I love chicken hand pie and this recipe makes me smile. Sometimes you got to just throw all flavors in your bake. The smile of fresh homemade chicken hand pie will leave wanting more, chicken pie is full of comforting Chicken and veggies with a mouthful of flavors when comes out of your oven the whole kitchen is full of a great party is going on. With little details that make it looks beautiful and also taste yummy. This recipe is a sharing for everyone oh my goodness. Every time I finish this chicken hand pie, this kid excitement joy on everyone’s face because every bit is a perfect bite to enjoy at any time of the day with a cold or hot cup of tea.
Chicken hand pie is not complicated to make at home at all it’s really simple with a few guidelines you end up with this yummy chicken pie. It all about starting with simple perfect pastry dough. First, you have to make the dough ahead and chill it out for about 30 minutes.
Chicken Hand Pies
- 650 g All-purpose flour
- 400 g Cold unsalted butter cut into small cubes
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- ¾ cup Coldwater
- 1 kg Chicken lap (cooked and shredded chicken)
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Chicken seasoning cube
- 2 tsp Hot chili sauce
- 1 ⅓ tsp Garlic (minced)
- ½ tsp Ginger (minced)
- 1 Medium onion ( ground)
- ¼ cup Sweet corn
- ¼ cup sweet yellow pepper (chopped)
- ¼ cup sweet red pepper (chopped)
- ¼ cup green pepper (chopped)
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Salt
- In a clean bowl, add flour, sugar, and saltmix together let everything evenly incorporate into the flour
- Cut butter into cubes, add to flour mixture and rub with the tip of your fingers until all butter incorporated and looks like bread crumbs begin to form
- Slowly drizzle the water bring the dough together and do not overwork the dough. Avoid making dough warm
- Wrap the dough with clingfilm and chill dough for in the refrigerator for 50 minutes to 1 hour why you work on the filling
Making the filling
- In a saucepan add chicken laps garlic, ginger seasoned cubes and 1 tsp hot red chili stir to for few minutes cook to seal the chicken both side
- Add in water and cook for for 5 minutes till chicken can pull off from the bone with a fork and remove from the stock shredded chicken and keep aside.
- Heat frying, add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil, add garlic, add onion and cook for 3 minutes till onion is truculent.
- Add the peppers stir for few seconds add the shredded Chicken, mayonnaise, the remaining chili, and 2 tbsp of the stock taste adjust seasoning to your taste and cook for 3 minutes
- Pour in a flat plate to cool
- Making the Egg Wash: In a small bowl, whisk together 1 egg and1 tbsp water and set it aside.
- Roll out the chilled dough not too thick or tiny about 1/4 inch here I use my pie square mold can use any type of cutter mold it is up to you.
- Scoop a full heap of a tablespoon of the filling in the center of the dough. DO NOT overfill. egg wash the edges with a little egg wash to seal when you fold together preventing the filling to fall off and also making the pie not to open up why baking and placed on a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Bring the scraps of dough together and repeat the process till all is done here i got 12 pies
- Brush the top of the chicken pie with egg wash and bake for 20 minutes at at 400°F. Until golden brown.
- Making your dough ahead saves a lot of time you can make your dough a day before also shred your chicken ahead by cutting down your total time.
- you can also use the store-bought puff pastry.
- Before bake, you can freeze them for 1 to 2 days wrap them in a tray that can fits in your freezer with clingfilm thaw let it come to almost room temperature before egg wash, and bake
- When bake and cool down they can also be kept in an airtight food container and refrigerate for up to 3 days
- Check out the video for more guideline