CLASSIC DIRTY RICE
It does get more easily when making dirty rice or concoction rice. Concoction is easy and fun to make because you can just throw in as many different proteins and spices as you want. This type of dirty is the type you love to have in your home because is so rich and full of flavor and so easy to make especially when you don’t want to stress your life with what to cook when a sudden guest arrived at your home there is always something for sharing with everyone. It is a complete meal that can be cooked up in about 30 minutes. And it’s delicious!! Dirty rice is well-loved in every homeAnd here are the ingredients we are using to make our dirty rice. Pork belly, beef, chicken sausage, chicken breast, bacon, oregano, red pepper, chopped parsley, ginger, garlic, celery, green pepper, red pepper, thyme, bay leaf, black pepper, seasoning cube, chili pepper, salt, and butter.Dirty rice is richly savory and always steals the show when is on the table. Growing up we call it Concoction rice because of the easy way of making it.
- 1 lb beef (Ground)
- 1 0.5 chicken sausage (Ground)
- 8 gram Bacon (Diced)
- 4 cups long-grain rice (Basmati Rice)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup green bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1½ tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp seasoning cube
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tbsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tbsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (Optional)
- Add ground beef, sausage, and pork belly to a large pan cook over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper and cook, crumbling with a spatula or wooden spoon until browned. Keep aside
- In the same pan pour in your Rice and toast till the rice color turns to light brown as shown in the video
- Add the chopped onion to the brown rice and sauté the onion till it starts to release its flavor.
- Add chicken broth and water to the pot.
- Add bacon, oregano, red pepper, chopped parsley, blended garlic, ginger, chopped celery, bay leaves thyme, black pepper, seasoning cover with a lid, and cook for 10 minutes
- Add the cooked ground meat on sage 1 to the pot spread over the rice gently stir in Do not over stir and cook for 5 minutes
- Add green, red peppers and cover them for 2 minutes
- Add butter and parsley cover to melt up the butter and stir gently and remove the bay leaves.
- Garnish with green, red pepper, and grated Parmesan cheese
- Keep your eyes on the rice why toasting taking your eyes off can make you end up with burnt rice which will change the taste of your food.
- You can substitute the protein with any protein of your choice. Dry fish, steam fish work well too
- The seasoning cube I use, chicken Maggi you can use your preferred seasoning
- You can add cooked beans to it you will be glad you did