You should try this chicken quesadilla recipe because it is the best you’ve ever had. Chicken quesadillas are a tasty, healthy, quick, and easy dinner meal that is ready in about 30 minutes and is made with chicken, peppers, and some ingredients you already have at home.
Easy Chicken Quesadillas
- 300 g chicken cubed
- Tortilla bread
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup orange bell peppers
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chicken seasoning Optional
- 2 tbsp butter/oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp melted butter for brushing
- In a medium bowl add chicken, paprika, cayenne, cumin, black pepper, garlic powder, salt and chicken seasoning, mix and set aside.
- Heat the butter/oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken for about 5 minutes stirring to make sure both side are perfectly cook removed from heat and set aside
- On the same skillet add oil
- Add in garlic and cook for 2 seconds add onion, the yellow bell peppers, green bell peppers, orange bell peppers, red bell peppers, paprika, salt and cumin and saute until just
- tender and fragrant for about 4 to 5 minutes
- Add to cooked chicken and add the lime juice and stir
- spread 1 tablespoon of butter on 1 side of the tortilla.
- Working with one tortilla at a time half of the chicken mixture onto one half of the tortilla then immediately sprinkle on half of the shredded cheese over the entire tortilla and fold in half
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat.
- Brush with some melted butter
- Place the tortilla in the hot skillet. cook until the cheese just begins to melt.
- Using a spatula, flip the side that just has the cheese on it over on top of the chicken mixture. Use the spatula to press down to seal.
- Continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes, and then flip the entire quesadilla over and cook for an additional 2 minutes on the other side this is to crisp up the tortilla
- Remove from heat, and immediately cut into wedges using a sharp knife.