The trick to making fluffy pancakes is not to overwork the batter.
Breakfast would be incomplete without this light and fluffy pancake. If you are a pancake lover then this recipe is just the perfect one for you. Since my friend tasted my pancakes she has ever since always ask me to make some for her every time she is coming over to visit. I had to teach her how to make pancakes just like mine and she was excited how simple making them was, she never messages me again because the results came out the same every time she makes it.Today am going to share the same recipe with you, don’t be surprised that this recipe is made with ingredients you already have in your pantry.Making your pancakes from the scratch allows you to control what goes in so Let’s get started.
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs white
- 4 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp Baking powder
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- pinch salt
- Little oil to grease the pan
- Bring out two different bowls in one bowl the egg whites and the second bowl the yolks
- Add the milk, sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and oil to the bowl of yolk and mix
- Then add the sifted flour, baking powder to the yolk mixture
- Stir until the batter is completely smooth with no lumps, the batter should be a little running.
- In your stand mixer, start beating your egg whites on medium speed for 2 minutes when the egg starts to thicken up add the 1 tbsp of the sugar to it and beat for about 3 minutes until it gets to a sift peak foam.
- Remove your bowl from the mixer then carefully fold in the egg whitesInto the batter in 3 parts until just incorporated making sure not to break up the air bubbles
- place pan on medium heat.scoop 1/2 of a cup of batter into the greased pan, cover it with a lid, and let it cook for about 5 until the center of it is slightly set with a spatula
- Carefully flip it over, then cover itand cook for another 5 minutes*Repeat the process till your batter is finished
- The trick to making fluffy pancakes is not to overwork the batter. Make sure that your flour measurements are accurate if not the yolks mixture gets too thick making your egg whites folding, breaking up the air bubbles and you end up not having this incredibly light and fluffy pancake.
- If you find out that your yolks mixtures are too thick just add 1tbsp of milk to the mixture before folding in the egg whites.
- In this recipe, I doubled the portion. Make sure your heat is on the medium if not your pancake gets burned out before flipping out nobody wants to serve a burnt pancake. As I always say practice makes perfect.