Why have a whole when you can just have these mini hand pies? This buttery flaky fried pecan hand pie is a mouthful of yummy goodness. They are quick to make you get this creamy and delicious pecan, ham, and cheese filling. When family and friends get together there is always a joy in sharing food and this recipe is a perfect sharing for everyone to eat and also has some takeout with different layers of flavor-packed full. These mini pecan hand pies are easy and fun to make with lots of love. There is a better feeling when you made food at home and there is something for everyone to share at the table. you see the joy on everyone faces
So let get ready cook and eat
Pecan Hand Pies
- 500 g flour
- 200 g butter (cold cubes)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 york
- 100 ml water
- 70 g pecan (Chopped)
- 40 g cheese (Spreadable cheese)
- 30 g turkey ham (Chopped)
- 50 g butter (Softened)
- 1½ tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a clean bowl, add flour, salt, and butter
- Rub butter gently with your hand to make bread crumbs you can also use the food processor blend and purse for few seconds until it all looks like bread crumbs
- Add one whole egg and one york into the water whisk together with a fork and drizzle into the dry mix.
- bring together with a fork until no flour is left out. Use your hand to mold all together to form a ball DO NOT OVER WORK the dough.
- Wrapped in cling film and chill for 30 minutes why you work on the filling.
Making the filing
- Chopped the pecan and ham and set aside.
- In a small-medium bowl add softened butter, cheese together mix.
- Add flour, chopped pecan, ham, egg, sugar and mix, and vanilla extract and mix again till all is well combined set aside.
- Bring out the chilled dough divide it into two parts.
- Roll out the pie crust to a thickness of 1/4 thick. I used a 4 inch round cookie cutter to cut out pie crusts you should end up with 11 to 12 pies.
- Scoop a teaspoon of the filling and place it in the center and egg brush one side with a little brush to seal the pie from opening up when frying.
- Fold over each pie like a half-moon and crimp the edges with a spoon handle or fork tip and set it aside on a floured tray repeat the process until all is finished.
- Heat oil on medium heat of about 365°F or test the oil by inserting a wooden spoon on it when it starts to bubble you know your oil is ready. It is too hot your pie will come out too brown why the inside is not fully cooked. Not hot enough will end up with soggy pies full of oil.
- Place 3-4 pecan pies into the oil. Fry until golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Place the fried pies onto a lined sieve with a kitchen paper towel.
- Serve warm with a simple mayo dressing.Extra sweetness dust with icing sugar.
- It depends on the size of your frying pan if, it is small place 2-3 at a time each until golden brown or you do 3-4. Overcrowded will end up with soaked oil pie
- If your dough is warm you can chill it for few minutes before frying.