Roasted okro is a great delicious side dish and also use for making yummy okro soup at home.
Okro doesn’t have to be slimy to be great try this roasted okro recipe sure you love it and they are so easy to cook
What type of oil can I use to roast my okro?
You can vegetable oil, canola, or melted butter all works just fine
Use fresh okro when making the recipe because frozen has so much liquid on them.
Can I roast whole okro?
Yes you can feel free to note it takes more time than the sliced one
And also can halve lengthwise
- 500g Fresh okro
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Rinse the okro in clean running water and part dry with a kitchen paper towel. Trim away the stem ends, and cut them into a round shape into 3 to 4 pieces per okro starting from the stem. Place the cut okro into a clean medium-sized mixing bowl. Add paprika, salt, garlic, and oil mix over the okra making sure every season is well mixed into the okro.
- Transfer the okro to a large baking tray lined with a baking sheet and spread them out evenly.
- Bake the okro for about 12 to 15minutes
- You know they are ready when cut edges are slightly charred.