Brioche is a type of bread that is made with yeast, eggs, butter and milk.
The dough is kneaded until it forms a smooth and elastic texture before it is allowed to rise. It is a light, soft bread that has a rich and delicate flavour.
Brioche can be served as the main dish for breakfast or brunch. It can also be served at tea time or as an accompaniment to soup.
Brioche bread is made from dough that has been risen twice. Brioche can be eaten for breakfast with jam or dinner with soup.
This brioche bread recipe has a soft texture that makes it perfect for dipping into sauces, soups or stews. The bread is especially good when served warm, making it perfect for wintertime meals like Thanksgiving dinner.
Brioche has a light and fluffy texture, which makes it perfect for stuffing with ingredients such as caramelized onions, ham, cheese or vegetables.
Soft Brioche Onion Bread
- 430 flour
- 15 g sugar
- 9 g salt
- 12 g yeast
- 35 g butter
- 150 whole milk
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil or melted butterbutter
- 1 egg
- 30 g flour
- 130 g milk
- 2 Meduim onion
- 1 tap vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a saucepan add milk and flour and whisk together until smooth, cook on low heat mixing it until it becomes a paste (porridge) it takes 2 to 3 minutes to cook set aside.
- Chopped onion and saute on low heat for 5 minutes until the onion is caramelised seasoned and set aside to cool down
- In a a clean bowl seive flour
- In a stand mixer bowl, add flour, sugar, yeast, egg and milk and mix on low speed for 10 minutes
- add butter cube by cube until all added mix at high speed for 15 to 20 minutes until the dough is elastic you can see through the dough. Be patient here is going to come together.
- place dough on a greased bowl and cover in a warm place for 90 minutes
- after 90 minutes punch dough to deflate
- grease your tabletop, cut dough into 9 parts
- grease loaf bread pan (10inch by 6 inches and 9 inches by 5 inches)
- Flating dough will your hand and scope a teaspoon of the sauteed onion
- Wrapped into rectangular making sure to seal both ends and place into the pan. It should be 5pcs and the second pan is 4pcs
- Cover with a kitchen towel for 60mins to dough inside
- Egg wash and bake on 350F/ 180CFor 15 to 20min depending on your oven until golden brown
- your brioche bread with some of the butter mixtures to give it that shiny finish.
- W hen the bread is done, remove from the oven, and immediately brush the tops of with some melted butter herbs and sprinkle someone sea salt on it.Melted butter and oregano or chopped rosemary or garlic is up to you
- Let the bread sit in the loaf pan for 5 minutes to cool before transferring the loaves from the pans to a cooling rack.
(Golden Brown) Otherwise, you may end up with a brioche loaf that has fallen flat. Once the brioche has cooled completely, you can store it in a zip-lock bag or an air-tight container to keep it fresh.