When I younger I remember always having a fight with my uncle’s wife about cooking beans as a meal often in the house and I will always be upset because I don’t like eating beans when I was a child, little did I know was missing out big time. Sorry, my beautiful mama, that bean now is one of my favorite dishes in the house omg I think the process of selecting it one by one which takes so much time would have made me not be really in love with this meal because as a child you don’t want so most stress to make a meal before eating you know what am talking about maybe the taste or the nutritional aspect of it I don’t know why suddenly fell in love with this creamy milky taste full of goodness and so favorable at all times. When cooked with rice, stewed, fried, and even just cooked with salt I can not just help it than making sure I eat to my satisfaction men… and cooking beans can vary depending on the type of beans.
- 4 cups brown Beans (675g)
- 1 large onion
- 2 large tomatoes
- 3 scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp stock cube
- ¾ cup palm oil
- ½ cup crayfish (Ground) optional
- 10 cups Water 2500ml
- Pick and rinse the beans thoroughly to get out all stone, dirt and bad one from farm products.
- Wash beans under running cold water until is fully clean
- Add salt to cover beans, boil water and pour over it, stir and almost immediately pour the hot water away. This process helps to remove every farmer's dirt that might have been used.
- Pour the clean beans into a medium pot, add cold water, enough to cover the beans allow to cook for 25 minutes.
- In the blender, blend onion, tomatoes and pepper pour in a bowl and set aside.
- If beans are soft, add blended onion mixture, salt, stock cube, and stir allow to cook for another 5 minutes. Until dry, add crayfish and palm oil, stir and reduce the heat. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes, stir immediately to avoid burning. it should be watering because as it gets cool is going to absorb the liquid
- Note To cut cooking time by half you can pour the palm oil into a smaller pot, place it on the fire when hot, pour the tomatoes, onion, and pepper into the oil, stirring immediately, allow to cook for 10 minutes, add crayfish and stock cube. Pour over steamed beans. Mix and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- If beans are soft lower your heat this prevents your beans from burning and cook your bean to perfection.
- It can be eaten with yam, bread, tacos, plantain weather boiled, seamed, or fried.